Thursday 16 December 2010

Wed 15th.......

Well at least I have some important stuff out of the way now. DDs birthday has come and gone, Nativity play is done and I have survived.

The ward suddenly gets busy again and more people have come and gone.  I am the only lifer here for now, have seen a couple of faces in one of the other 4 bedders that have been here a few days but I dont attempt to go in and strike up conversation - sorry for being a total snob but they look like chavvy unwashed types and stink of fags when I pass them. They need licences to breed if you ask me.  Do they not know there are free showers here?

My blood pressure is a bit up and down so am being monitored more but they dont seem too worried at the moment - probably hormonal they say cos there is no protein in wee which means possible pre-eclampsia.

Yesterdays blog post takes me ages so I eat my lunch in my pjs and then have a shower after. Getting bored of showering wearing one plastic glove to cover up the ventflon in my hand and wearing the skanky shower flip flops. I am gonna burn them when I get out of here. I have 4 classy footwear items with me - the shower flip flops, slippers (also to be burnt when I leave ) Hot pink birkenstocks mules which look cool in the summer with tanned legs but not so hot with navy blue surgical stocking (think German holiday maker) and finally outdoor shoes which rarely get used for obvious reason - just some ballerina type flats.

My "wardrobe" is a large holdall kept under the sink which has all my day wear, underwear etc in and DH refills it with clean stuff and takes away dirty stuff from my laundry basket - otherwise know as a brown shopper bag next to the holdall.  I am collecting an impressive number of books which have been given to me but I will probably not read as I am still only halfway through the Alan Sugar. Brain age peaked at 24 but now has gone up to a very poor 45 - the word memory one is a killer.

DH, DD and my mum come in the evening but DD is feisty and tired, its been a busy week for her. She livens up towards the end of the visit as there is a christmas musical box of some kind by the ward tree and she finds the volume control, turns it up full wack and twirls around like a drug crazed ballerina dancing out of control.   They go home a bit early but then I get some more visitors which is lovely - DHs aunty, cousin and her daughter. We sit in the day room cos its a max of 2 adults per visit but they dont leave untilhalf hour after visiting time and its a lovely catch up. We swap Christmas pressies and look forward to seeing each other after xmas.

I watch the Apprentice semi final and its laugh out loud stuff - the interview stage. Baggs the brand finally gets his marching orders - Lord Sugar tells him he is full of shit and fires him. I could have told him that weeks ago!

The usual clexane jab and ventflon flush. Except the thing wont flush which means its is now useless and that means tomorrow I have to have a new one........great.  Lets hope the vein butcher aint on duty. I would rather do it myself with a rusty knitting needle and a splash of white spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment