Tuesday 21 December 2010

Monday Monday...........

Despite feeling a bit miserable yesteday and a few tears this morning I get a grip back on myself. Only 2 days to go........

We dont have a good nights sleep in here. Posh bird is up most of the night monitoring blood sugar levels and and I get a bit of high blood pressure so am monitored hourly as I complain of chest pain.  Turns out its just indigestion after all ( blame the chicken curry I had at lunchtime) but a bit of a worry and I feel like crap in the morning from lack of sleep.  The doc comes round to speak to her and although she is only 34 weeks, they tell her baby will be delivered today as its dangerous for her to have dipping blood sugar levels. So she is gone by early afternoon.

At lunchtime DH and DD come which is lovely - its not visiting time for her so we go off the ward to the hospital restuarant for lunch. Paula doesnt want me to walk that far though so I have to go in the wheelchair......very amusing as the steering isnt the best and DH pushes me whilst DD charges ahead in front. We have a nice lunch and DD is on top form. We tehn go to the hospital shop and we buy her a balloon which she wacks everyone with on the way back to the ward.  We go back in and I sneak her to the dayroom for a few mins while DH goes to my room to pick up up dirty stuff and drop off clean things. They proabably wont come tomorrow so I have a cuddle with her as wont see her wednesday - she will come in on thursday to see me and the baby.

Go backto my room and find a new roomie.  She is very normal, chatty and here because of bleeding. At last a decent one.  We chat for a bit but then I have a nap for a couple of hours. 

When I wake up her hubby is just leaving so we end up chatting for the rest of the afternoon. She has had a tough time and I really feel for her. She spent 10 weeks here last year after her waters went at 22 weeks. So then she had her baby at 32 weeks but he died shortly after being born due to poor lung development. Breaks my heart to think of 10 weeks in here and then to go home without her baby at the end.  She is very open about it and very level headed. I admire her strength.  She is now 22 weeks again and her waters are fine but wont stop bleeding - low lying placenta like me. Understandably she cant stand it in here and wants to go but she cant because of the bleeding.  She also has a child at home same age as DD so we talk about them.

We have a bit of drama about 9pm and she is doubled over in pain and says she is having a heavy bleed. She doesnt want to bother the midwives as they are having handover !! She wont ring her bell so I tell her to get on the bed and I go flying into the midwives office to get help. She is taken to labour ward in a wheelchair and I say my prayers for her and her baby. 

I go to sleep at 10pm as am shattered and I hear some vague movement and chatting at about 11/12. Think she has come back.  I get up for a wee at 3am and I see her in bed and she is awake. She tells me her baby is fine, no more pain.  Thank goodness.

Go back to sleep...........

No comments:

Post a Comment