Wednesday 8 December 2010

Tuesday - 7th Dec.

Forgot to tell you about yesterdays wheelchair taxi to the scan dept again.  I had a scan booked ages ago before I came in here which wasnt cancelled so the midwives said I might aswell still go to. Bearing in mind I only had a scan last week I suspected that they might refuse to do another one so soon but when you dont see much except life on the ward, a short trip out seems appealling.  Plus theres this kind of network of porters of quite amusing blokes that do these wheelchair runs.  I actually have always had this fascination with hospitals and being quite nosy like to see what is going on. Might even get to the coffee shop again. My ride turns up and its a pleasant young bloke and we chat about nothing much. As I thought they wont scan me again so soon so I sit in the chair for 10 mins or so watching the world go by. For some reason most people are clueless when they come out of lift looking for the scan dept and walk past the massive desk (about 4 metres long) saying "reception". They hover in front of me scratching their heads. In the end I say - is over there over and over again. Praps I could get a job here a few hours a day?  Then a porter comes to push me back. He is hilarious - a cockney geezer called terence. I expect his family and friends call him "Tel". He is typical London cabbie. I comment to him about the confusion at the reception. He says people leave what little brains they have at the entrance of the hospital......it aint hard is it luv? - follow the signs but nah, fick as two short ones the general public. I dont get paid much ere but I get all the entertainment I need. He said watch this luv and he proceeds to shout at anyone in the way "scuse me, cahmin fru, cahmin fru" they dont move out the way. see wot I mean? stupid people.  A very funny man. I feel like giving him a tenner to push me round for an hour just for the comedy value........

Tuesday is proving to be a bit of a bore until late morning a midwife tells me the bbc are coming into the ward today to film and they have told them that I can be interviewed as I have been here long term. Bloody hell, have they seen what I look like???  Fortunately I am dressed and showered, so I slap on mascara and lipstick, not something I have been doing lately. lipsalve and face cream are all I have been doing. Everyone is rushing about doing extra tidying up, I even do a bit of a tidy myself. Anyway, they turn up and its actually BBC radio not TV. Phew........They do come and see me though and record an interview with me about being a lifer, what I am missing back at home and life in here in general. They are broadcasting live from the labour ward on the 10th Jan and will be using soundbites and pre-recorded interviews on the day. They ask me if they can phone me that day and get me to report in with how the csection went and how life is at home
with the new baby................

The other news is that the leaky roof has been fixed so after a week on my own the bed opposite is now back in use. Bracing myself for a succession of unsuitable room-mates.  I dont wait long - but this girl is only here a few hours before being discharged early evening. She is only 12 weeks and on her 7th admission for sickness. She doesnt vomit though while she is here due to anti-sick drugs working well hence the early discharge.............Thank goodness for that.

Not sure if I said but that bloody snoring curry muncher was back last week for a couple of days - I saw her in the corridor but she was in another room. We chatted in the corridor and she was back in cos her baby isnt growing well but the she went again so I can only imagine she will be back at some point for a c section. Despite her disgusting personal habits she isnt a bad person, and she is quite chatty. But trust me if she comes back in and is put in my room I will be making a dash for the kitchens to get the sharpest knife I can find and performing my own c-section just make a faster exit..................

No comments:

Post a Comment