Saturday 11 December 2010

Friday 10th Dec

I am really starting to count down the days now. I have been here 22 nights and that means 11 left until C-section day.  It actually gets more bearable the longer I am here - getting to know the staff better and they know me I suppose. My little space is kitted out with cards and flowers and all my stuff around me and I have just got used to it.  Havent cried since last Satuday so thats almost a week and definately a record. This weekend is the challenge for me to stay strong though as on Saturday eve its our village christmas lights switch on and santa comes to see all the kids and they have fire works and hot dogs etc. Havent missed one since 2003 when we moved there. DH is taking DD, need to keep it normal for her. Then its my work Christmas do which is always hilarious and drunken and someone always gets too pissed (usually me). And we always have the Klepto challenge which results in one of us getting into big trouble - last year was a close call though with a huge illuminated christmas tree which after several drinks seemed a good idea to take. Shame we never spotted the CCTV in the restaurant until it was too late.......err actually praps its a good thing I wont be there.

And then sunday its DDs birthday party which I know she will love but will miss seeing her blow out her candles. She will have fun though as there will be 12 of her friends there and its all pretty much organised. I will see her afterwards though so I can hear. all about it.

Anyway I digress.  I go and see my eye consultant again this morning. My eyes arent too bad apart from a little flare up of the iritis but nothing major. The last time I saw her was 3 weeks ago just after I was admitted. Tell her its placenta previa which is why i am still here and she just looks at me and says you really are in the best place. Agree to go back and see her again next fri for another check.  She is really fantastic - just books me in her diary without question and considering she is is one of the best and most senior opthomalogy consultants here feel very glad that she is looking after me.

I will get my soapbox out here for a minute - so many people badmouth the NHS and complain and grumble that they are kept waiting too long etc etc. Whilst I appreciate there are good and bad hospitals etc
and not everyone gets a positive experience......I think its just brilliant.  Amazing staff, care and cleanliness - I hear many whinging patients both in this ward and in the eye dept I just want to tell them to shut up!  And what will the bill be for my 5 weeks stay - care, food, accomodation when I leave here - a bit fat £000000. ZERO, nothing at all. We should appreciate the service we get in the UK compared to that in other countries.            Sorry about that - soap box going back under my bed now.

Nothing else exciting to report about today. All my monitoring is done as usual, have lunch - yummy chicken in mushroom and leek sauce with brocolli and roast potatoes. A really good visit with DH and DD and mum and then watch corrie again in bed. 

Another day gone...............

No comments:

Post a Comment