Saturday 4 December 2010

Going home.......or am I ?

Next day is an emotional one. I have been positive but the hormones and missing home just get you sometimes. Wendy the breakfast lady makes a kind comment about a teddy bear picture I have that DD has done for me. I bite my lip and say nothing then a lovely midwife comes and together they say how nice it is.....so I cry and the floodgates open. I look like a beetroot and after a few sobs I calm down, the staff here are so good but its very hard being away from home.

Later that day the registrat comes to see me and says I can go home tommorow as theres been no more bleeding.  I cant believe it......I thought I had to stay but was definately not going to argue! Tell DH and he is like "are you sure?"

The excitement is shortlived.......an experienced midwife says she wants me to see my consultant before going. She says she has seen mums with my condition go home only to come back in ambulances hours later with heavy bleeds. Hmmmm, not a thought that fills me with happiness.

So next day I do see my consultant and she was right to intervene. He doesnt want me going anywhere.  Too risky. They will section me (straightjacket or under the knife?) at 37 weeks.  More tears but now I know where I stand.  I am officially a lifer.

No comments:

Post a Comment