Sunday 5 December 2010

The moaning chav

Mon 29th evening and in comes the next roomie. She blanks me when the m/w introduces me to her and pulls her curtains around her bed. Fair enough, its not a date and i am not in here to make friends really, i have plenty of those on the'outside' but manners maketh man as my old headmaster used to preach.

Another pre-eclampsia suspect and she has to piss in a 5 litre container for 24 hours. that'll teach her. She doesnt stop moaning and huffing the whole time and gets rude with midwives when she is told she has to stay in overnight.

Tues 30th and i have another scan, this time to make sure the placenta hasnt attatched itself to the old csection scar. thankfully not  as could mean excessive bleeding at the time of surgery. They do have crossmatched blood ready just in case of emergency which is comforting but hopefully it wont be needed.  I was a blood donor before getting pregnant (not a great one as I felt so faint after I had to give up) but I would urge anyone who is able to give blood and doesnt already please do it......www.blood.co.uk

The chavster continues her whinging throughout the day and I control the urge to slap her. I pray she gets to go home, for my sake as well as her own. In the evening I have a lovely visit from my good friend J who comes bearing goody bags from her and a friend from work. I am a bit emotional tonight, dont know why, prob just the hormones, that and the fact that I have been here almost 2 weeks and my tea was crap tonight.  I have no idea why this silly sytem is now writing in italics........who knows, sorry just go with it for now.  I have aquired an infrared keyboard which is better that one finger screen touch typing but its still rubbish.

Anyway while my friends were here I had a visit from my consultant who asked whether my section date was actually booked.  Well it hadnt so he sent his registrar off to book it - for approx 37 weeks. He came back 10 mins later with a date of 30th Dec......... NO NO NO I was beside myself crying and shouting and dribbling all at the same time - thats 38 weeks and I willbe stuck in here Xmas AND New Year. I begged him to change it, I cant stay that long, I have a daughter and husband at home for Gods sake!   Well my hysteria paid off and he went back to the phone and came back with a date of 22nd Dec (36w +6 days)  HOORAY..........I might even get home for Christmas...........

No comments:

Post a Comment