Tuesday 14 December 2010

Monday again.........13th Dec

As I type this on tuesday its 26/8.  Not long to go now.

Today my BP okay still and no protein in wee so thats a relief.  DD is in her nativity play this afternoon but I try not to think about it too much. I do have a crazy notion of getting a taxi and just sitting at the back with a scarf over my head in disguise.  Silly. I would actually be let out if I wanted to - I have been out of here on a couple of visits before. But I know my hormones would be out of control when I saw her in her angel costume and I would be bawling like a baby. Not to mention upsetting and confusing DD. And letting the other mums see me looking like crap of course. Oh and the fact that I might have a bleed all over the place and have to dial 999.  There you go, talked myself out of the daft idea after all..

DH rings to tell me the school caterers have cocked up her meal order ( outsourced to caterers by the school) and there is no booking for her lunch.  She of course doesnt starve - they find her a spare meal but its highly irritating

Then he rings again later after the play to say the after school club have had some kind of breakdown in communication with her booking and when they see her with her coat on and DH is seen near the door (actually because he has been watching the nativty) They think she is going home with him but actually he has to get back to work. So its confusing for the poor little thing and she gets upset. Luckily DH spots her upset and instead she goes home to my mum thankfully. All a bit distressing for me to hear while I am stuck here but doesnt stop me calling the play leader and giving him a tongue lashing over the phone. he is mortified about the mix up and very apologetic. I know she was never going to be left on her own, the teacher would never let her leave the school but still a bit upsetting anyway.  So I ring my mum ay our house and DD is actually fine - distracted by multiple episodes of Tom and Jerry. She doesnt even want to say hello tome so clearly has not been too distressed.

On the ward its still quiet and the staff are getting the xmas decorations out so now the place has fairy lights and a christmas tree to brighten things up a bit.  My favourite midwife - well actually she is the ward manager comes to see me  for a chat.  I hadnt seen her for a few days so was thinking she had gone to do a stint on labour ward. Glad to see her.

She talks to me about next week (yes NEXT week) - Csection day and its feels more real. We talk about my supplies of stuff - delights such as big pants, house brick sanitary pads, nipple cream, loose nightshirts etc and of course babies bag - clothes, blanket, hats, nappies and whether we have it all ready.  I know it sounds silly to say it but there is actually going to be a baby after all of this........you forget that sometimes when you are just trying to get through each day. 

Hopefully I will come back to this ward with my baby, there is another maternity ward here but of course this one has become a second home now - she says she will try to see if I can come back here afterwards.

In the evening Dad and WSM come for a visit which is nice - they have come on the train from the midlands which is more relaxing  and less hassle than driving. They bring pressies for DDs birthday tomorrow and some bits for me.

I also had a room-mate for a few hours but she gets transferred to another room before bedtime, praps it was something I said?  No loss to me anyway as early indications showed she wasnt up for a chat and had moaning tendencies, plus was another yapper on the phone far too loud. God I sound very intolerant dont I ?

End the day with a bit of TV and a clexane jab in the bum. Night night x

No comments:

Post a Comment