Monday 6 December 2010

Another weekend courtesy of the NHS 4/5 Dec

So this is my 3rd weekend in hospital. Its not so bad, I cant complain about the food, the care I am getting and the staff are so lovely but its the time when you would just rather be at home.

DH is taking DD to the school xmas fayre this afternoonand she will see santa in his grotto. DH tells me he has spent the morning cleaning up - the builders have departed after the bathroom re-build and windows being put in.  I sit and write all the christmas cards to send back home.   I get a picture text from DH of DD with Santa which is cute but then my favourite midwife comes in to see me and asks how she is and admires my mini christmas tree on the bedside locker. The tears flow from nowhere and she is distraught she has upset me and spends ages chatting to me. She is so kind and says that as there is no-one else in my room at the moment DD can visit anytime (normal visits are only 5-7 each day). She also knows that  its her 5th birthday next week but they will get balloons for the day room for her when she comes to visit.

I tell her its date night tonight and DH is bringing chinese takeaway in while mum babysits so we can have a bit a time for ourselves. She laughs and winks and says we had better shut the door then so we arent disturbed. Hmmmm, given the reason why I am actually in here I dont think there will be any activity in that department do you ????

Later I go to pinch plates and cutlery from the kitchen only to find she has laid out plates, napkins folded into glasses and cutlery for us.  We are only missing the wine......... The feast was lovely and we were totally stuffed afterwards. 

Sunday:  I am leaving the hospital again for a while today and the 3 of us go to the pub for lunch. Only about 10 mins from the hospital but a bit safer as nearer than the 25 mins journey home.  Lovely lunch and great if not odd to be in a packed place with people everywhere. Am a bit self  consious of my hospital wrist band and the very obvious catheter needle thing I have sticking out of my hand but never mind no-one seemed to care. 

DH and DD came back to mine for a while ( ! ) before going off to do a tesco shop on the way home.  The major crisis at home is they are on the last toilet roll and even though I know there is a 9 pack in the house, they are nowhere to be found.......so they have to get some more amongst other things.

DH phones later to say they got the shopping okay ( normally my job) but had acually forgotton to buy the loo roll so will be down to kitchen roll by tomorrow.

Oh well ifs thats all we have to worry about for now then its not all bad is it???

No comments:

Post a Comment