Saturday 4 December 2010

Another new week.....w/c 29th Nov

So today I have another scan to re-confirm the location of the placenta and check babys growth.  Baby is a little porker at 5lb, 14oz. Thats quite big for 33weeks. His head is down and the placenta is completely covering the exit ! No chance of it moving now. The scan lady is very funny, she has one of those contagious laughs that have your shoulders shaking for no reason.......I wait for my taxi wheelchair to take me back  to the ward but the old boy porter isnt about at first so I smell fresh coffee and make a  break for the coffee shop. Scan lady looks scared at me toddling off  but I tell her not to worry. I am of course not actually ill and am more than capable of walking on my own, but if anything happened while off the ward I suppose someone would be in trouble.  Anyway 10 mins later I am back in my chair with a lush piece of carrot cake and frothy latte, yum.

My lifer roomie went for her section thismorning after 5 weeks on the ward. Sad to see her go but she has done her time and she gets to meet her baby today. That thought just makes it all worth it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment