Wednesday 1 December 2010

The scan, and the news...........

I had a taxi ride in a wheelchair to the radiology dept to have the scan.  Baby was fine, moving and kicking on the screen but it was very obvious that I have placenta previa. At least this is the known cause of the bleeding.

DH turned up after lunch and the doc came to talk to me about the scan.  I am 32w plus 1 day at this stage.  I am told that as there is a high risk of bleeding I have to stay in hospital until the baby is born. Okay I think. Then I think again and then I burst into tears. OMG no way - thats weeks and weeks away. DH is shocked too. How the hell will we cope with that? DD at home without me, school etc, her birthday, christmas, all too awful to think of.

I am transferred to the antenatal ward into a quite large 2 bedded room. Oh god is this going to be home for the next few weeks?

No comments:

Post a Comment