Tuesday 21 December 2010

Last day.......almost the end of this journey before the new one starts.......

So here we are. My last full day. I feel very strange. I have had some lovely texts, emails and calls from friends/family wishing me luck for tomorrow. I keep thinking someone will come and say they have made a mistake and I have to stay longer. Midwives and catering staff all come and see me excited for me that its tomorrow. Have to pack all of my bits later today so that it will all get moved with me. Chances are that I will be back on this ward afterwards but not in this room.

Me and H (roomie) chat from when we get up. We are both fast asleep at 6.30am when the lights go on and the midwifes spring into action with pills, BP checks and the usual. Bit dazed but we chat whilst waiting for breakfast. I havent even had to read, watch tv or brain train, makes a nice change.

Eat breakfast  5 weeks of weetabix and 2 slices of brown bread, butter and jam.  Will I eat this when I get home? No probably not. Havent had a bacon buttie for ages!!!

Go on the monitor, baby is active. Have shower and then lunch........


I am now typing almost in real time as obviously tomorrow will have other things going on!  Had a nap after lunch. DH rings me and over the phone I tell him where to find christmas pressies that he needs to wrap. DD is with her nanny so he can get a few bits done. He texts me later to say everything is wrapped.

Over the last couple of weeks I have painstakingly been putting together a tesco.com order to be delivered tonight to save him the pain of shopping. Due to this slow system have prob spent 4 hours doing it.  Well they rang yesterday to say due to the snow they cannot deliver but we could collect from store. So we agree to do that.  DH went there this morning only to be told it wasnt ready and would have to come back this afternoon. Every little helps my a**e. So he text me half an hour ago to say he was back there but they have lost the order and he was in the cafe having a free coffee while they try to locate it.  I remember an episode of the Good Life from my childhood when Margo is distraught because her Christmas is being delivered in a van but doesnt turn up.......For Gods sake it cant be that hard . he says he will give it 10 more mins before telling them to stick it and he will have to find time to go to sainsburys.  I try my hardest to send tescos some love but struggle so I send it to DH instead.

My phone buzzes.......I HAVE THE SHOPPING............yay ! 

So then.......nothing much left for me to say. All my little personal things are packed. Seem to have acculated a lot of stuff while I have been here but now its all neatly packed, ready to be moved to my next location. Will say goodbye to my hospital holiday apartment at about 7.30am tomorrow morning with a tear in my eye. Its been an experience and I have enjoyed sharing it via this blog.

Thank you for reading and all the messages of support along the way.

I'll be back when I can to let you know how it goes.....

With much Love

Helen x

5 comments:

  1. Wishing you all the very best for tmrw. Can't wait to read all about the little fellow who has caused all this fuss!!!! Have loved reading your blog, very entertaining! Good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loads of luck for tomorrow.. can't wait to hear your news!

    I will miss this blog.. it's kept me amused for days now :-)

    Lots of love
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck for tomorrow .....have loved reading your blog

    Sally (posted on hubbys account)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a journey! thoughts are with you for tomorrow. Best of luck. Have just read last few days to my DH and we think your blog is so good you should maybe write a book! Lots of Love Di x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, well, well.
    Finally, after all of the ups, downs, heartaches, emotions, calls, texts, emails, and visits, it's not just light at the end of the tunnel, but actually emerging from it.
    There aren't words enough to express the strengh of our wishes and feelings for you, but be assured - there will be plenty of words to express our joy and congratulations when your waiting (and incarceration) is over

    All the very best, my love.

    ReplyDelete