Wednesday 15 December 2010

Tues 14th Dec - little girls birthday.

How wierd that I wake up in the early hours - just 5 mins before my DD was born at 2.55am 5 years ago today. And only a few metres away from where she was born too.  I feel okay really, Read a bit of Alan Sugar, eat a few rich tea biscs and off I go back to the land of nod.

The blood woman comes and takes another sample for iron levels and cross matching.

DH textx me a pic of her opening her pressie - Barbies beach house and the massive smile on her face (plus the sight of my lounge in the background) make me have a few tears wishing I was there but it didnt last long.

Blood woman comes back just to check my personal details on the sample are right before sending to the lab whilst I am having a cry so I look like a bit of a fool. She was lovely but didnt know what to say - she just "does blood, not tears"

Breakfast Wendy is on her holidays this week so another girl does it - she is sweet but she doesnt do mug washing so I burn a few calories going to and from kitchen washing it up. This makes me sound like a right lazy so and so but there really is not much opportunity for exercise in here. We could do with Mr Motivator or Mad Lizzie ( if you are under 30 you will not know what I am talking about here) in doing a morning workout.

I am a slob today and dont have my shower until after lunch. I am letting myself go.........no the main reason is that I dont go on the baby ecg until late morning so I end up stuck on the bed in my pjs wired up to the monitor and eat my lunch from a tray over the bed like a proper sick person. Baby is obviously very excited at the prospect of fishcakes, mash and green beans and goes wild leaping around - looks like the scene in Alien just before that thing bursts out of Sigourney Weavers belly. Now that would be worth using my emergency buzzer for.  Blood and gunk dripping down the walls mixed with fishcake and nhs banana mousse.

Talking of food, I have now completed the full 3 week cycle of menus and tomorrow start again with week 1. Think i must have pretty much everything on offer by now. I order tomorrows lunch - turkey roast dinner, might as well get into the festive spirit even if there is no wine on offer. I have not had a drop of alcohol since middle of april and have to say am looking forward to a glass of something sparkly in the not too distant future.........my liver has been very pleased with my period of abstinence I am sure.

Feel very excited as visiting time gets closer and get all the pressies I have been hiding out all over the bed. DD and DH arrive and she is very excited ripping off paper. We have a mini cake that mum has sent and she is covered in chocolate icing , wearing a necklace as a headband and taking photos of everything with her new camera. Such a funny sight - the staff are quite taken with her. DH later uploads her photos to facebook so I can see and they are very poor - she has a lot to learn yet - we have a close up of a blood pressure monitor, staff notice board and some christmas tree baubles. And a cute one of her face when she is using it back to front. Not the birthday I would have chosen for her but
i dont think she was in the least  bit affected by it.

Have a quiet night in and go to sleep about 10.........

No comments:

Post a Comment