Saturday 4 December 2010

Saturday 27th November

I had barely finished punching the air with joy at the departure of the curry muncher only to have a new cell mate (but thankfully only for a few hours) who was a lady suffering from hypermysesis  .   Not sure if I have spelt that right but basically its means severe pregnancy sickness - she was approx 30 weeks and vomitted about every 1-2 minutes. On a drip, filling bedpans with sick so quickly they couldnt take them away quick enough. And only a curtain away from me........you know that kind of dry retching sound you have when theres nothing left in your stomach? That was her. Whilst it was unpleasant to be around, I did really feel sorry for her, what a wretched feeling to have.

I spent most of the afternoon in the day room, by the evening they had a single room for her. Poor girl spent 3 days puking in that room before she went home finally.

Two lovely friends came to see me late afternoon with cake and books and was lovely to catch up for a couple of hours.

Then DH came with chinese takeaway which which we munched with stolen plates and cutlery from the ward kitchen. Very pleasant evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment