Wednesday 5 January 2011

A short dedication to end on.

I would like to dedicate my story to my Darling Husband and Daughter who coped so amazingly well while I wasn't at home.  And to thank my Mum for her help with everything - looking after DD, cooking meals and helping out with house stuff. She actually doesn't know this blog exists yet, she worries too much and I didn't want her fretting about me whilst in hospital. I'll print it off and show her one day soon.

And all of the staff on Robert Watson ward at Northampton General Hospital. Thank you for making my stay a good one. What could have been unbearable was actually restful, amusing, yes emotional at times but you made me feel welcome, safe and 'part of the family'

The midwives were great - Paula, Helen, Emma x 2, Rebecca, Ola, Winnie. Yvonne, Sue and Gail to name a few plus student Laura (loved the apprentice chats) and the Pink Ladies - Mary, Sarah and too many others to name. Not forgetting Wendy, Alba. Boy With Nice Manners and all of the other domestic staff including the weekend breakfast lady whose name I never asked. 

And of course the staff in theatre on the 22nd Dec and my consultant Mr Davies and his registrar Mohammed who didnt mind my tears when I was upset.

Thank you all so much.

Logging off now, thanks for everything x


Find out what happens next at http://www.nowthefunbegins.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Helen - Made myself a cup of tea while isobel's in bed and finished reading your blog. You've had me in tears more than once!! What a journey. I'm so pleased it's all turned out well for you! And I have to say that I love your philosophy of ditching negative thoughts and sending love and would love to know how you do it! x

    ReplyDelete